Thursday, 23 February 2012

Song/Poem Interpertation


"With Arms Wide Open"

Well I just heard the news today

It seems my life is going to change
I close my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down
my face

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open

Well I don't know if I'm ready
To be the man I have to be
I'll take a breath, I
'll take her by my side
We stand in awe,
we've created life

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything

With arms wide open
With arms wide open
I'll show you everything ...oh yeah
With arms wide open..wide open

[Guitar Break]

If I had just one wish
Only one demand
I hope he's not like me
I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
And he can greet the world
With arms wide open...
With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open

I'll show you everything..oh yeah
With arms wide open....wide open





Song Interpretation By:Harrisen pike

The song with arms wide open
 means a lot to my family because when my dad was driving home from the hospital
Where I was born he heard this song
 and it reminded him of me and
he told my mom about the song,
because it is about
Scott Stapps Son being born.

P.I think the person speaking is
Scott stapp because It is him welcoming his new born baby
To the world and he wants his baby to chose the right path in life.
Then he also notices the huge responsibility
in raising a child.

O. My opinion is that Scott stapp is a very loving
Father to make this song
For his new born baby and
To take on the responsibility of
Having a child.

E. I can see and feel the surprise and joy
on Scotts face as he welcomes a new baby
to this world and
Have the gift of ever lasting love and joy
for his baby.

T. looking at the title with arms wide open
Makes me think that the song would be about
 welcoming someone or something into there lives
 or taking on a big responsibility with there arms wide open.

R. I was wondering about some things in this song like when it says “If I had just one wish only one demand I hope he’s not like me”, I was wondering maybe Scott stapp did something bad at one stage in his life. Because I would think that someone would want there son to be just like him, but
Scott stapp actually said “I hope he’s not like me” because
When Scott was a kid he did not get along with his dad
And he wants’ to have a
More open relationship with his son
then his Dad had with him.

Y. This song was written because
 Scott stapp wanted to welcome his newborn baby
to this world with a song and inspire his son
and his sons name is Jagger and he is now 11.
Thanks for listening!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this blog to comment on ONLY 'academic' matters or to answer a classmate's academic questions. You must leave your name if you comment. NO SOCIAL NETWORKING ALLOWED on this blog. Thank you. Mr. Buxton.