Thursday, 23 February 2012

Slam Poetry


Ghetto
Inspired by: Lupe Fiasco
Poem by: Harrisen Pike
The ghetto is the poorest part of town
Nobody spends money on “em”
Charities’ may help out but don’t do enough
People come around
Just to help us out “thanks”
But, I was once that little boy
Lost and terrified of the world
But now I’m on a world tour
And I hope
Your son aint have a gun
And never be a D-boy
The show goes on all “right”

I’m unaffected by them threats
But, don’t let nobody play me boy
If you are my homeboy you never have to please me
But, just remember
When you come up
The show goes on all right
(Pause)

1 in the air for the people aint there
2 in the air for the kids in the ghetto
3 in the air for the kids that don’t wanna be there
None in the air for the people trying to hold “em” back
The show goes on all right

I would even start a world war
For them ghetto boys and girls
I’m running round the world for
“Ya” the show goes on all right

No matter what you’ve been through,
No matter what you’ve seen
When you look out your window
Green grass or brown grass
Picket fence or barbwire
Never ever put “em” down
Just lift your arms higher till your arms tire

Let them now that your there
Struggling ya!
Aint nobody leaving aint nobody going
              Even if they turn the lights out the show still goes on ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this blog to comment on ONLY 'academic' matters or to answer a classmate's academic questions. You must leave your name if you comment. NO SOCIAL NETWORKING ALLOWED on this blog. Thank you. Mr. Buxton.